Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet Sisterly Moments

A couple weeks ago Sissy earned herself a punishment that consisted of weeding the strawberry patch. Of course she had been putting it off until the last minute and today her minute was up. Apparently she asked Peanut if she wanted to come outside and play while she was working. Peanut agreed (because she is the agreeable one in the bunch) and proceeded to walk out back with books in one hand an a blanket in the other. As I was cleaning in the kitchen and looked out the window I saw this scene from the house.


I decided to creep closer and see what was going on. The closer I got, I realized that I was witnessing a wonderful moment of sisterhood. Peanut was reading aloud to Sissy as she was doing her work. Isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever seen?

Just after snapping this picture the girls noticed me "eavesdropping". So, I asked Sissy to come on over so I could get a picture of the two of them together. This is what I captured. I'm so thankful for cameras! Pictures like these are the things that home school days are made of.

No comments: