Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cookies....MMMMMMMM


"While thoughts of Christmas cookies danced in their heads." Ooops, that isn't right is it? Well, for me, I have had thoughts of Christmas cookies over the last 5 days. Last year I attended my first Christmas Cookie Exchange and it was so much fun. This year I'm going again and then my girlfriend and I decided to host a cookie exchange together the day after. Cookies, cookies, cookies. If you have never attended a cookie exchange it is a fun way to fellowship with friends and also get a wonderful selection of cookies to give as gifts or serve at the holidays.



At each exchange we were to bring 6 dozen cookies...we take 5 dozen of the variety of everyone's cookies home since 1 dozen is cut up for tasting at the exchange. Yes, you read it right. I attended 2 exchanges, making 6 dozen each...that is 144 cookies. It took all day on Saturday but it was such fun! I did the baking at the home of my dear friend. She and I were attending the one exchange together and co-hosting the 2nd exchange. I made Peppermint Wands ( a reciepe from Gooseberry Patch) for both exchanges...so that means 144 lovingly hand rolled wands! While my pal and I dipped the finished wands in melted chocolate and then sprinkled them with crushed peppermint candies the kids decorated Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs. I wish the holiday festiviteis could last all year long!

No comments: