Friday, January 7, 2011

AHG Pen Pal Program is a Hit!

One of the things the girls wanted take part in with American Heritage Girls was their Pen Pal program. The AHG Pen Pal program takes your daughter and matches her up with another AHG of the same age so they can be pen pal's for one year. The girls are required to write one letter a month to their pen pal. I LOVE this idea as I remember having 2 specific pen pals when I was a child and I have fond memories of the relationships we built via snail mail.






The girls received their notices about who their pen pals were about a week ago. Sissy had a letter written and in the mail within 2 days! Sweet Baby and Peanut sat down on Wednesday to write letters to their pen pals. I have to say that it was so wonderful seeing Sweet Baby write her letter! Not only did she work very diligently to use good handwriting (which is a struggle for her), she also wrote ALOT for her and did it with a smile on her face the entire time. What a joy to watch!



In addition to writing letters, the girls received a "fun badge" for the program, to place on the back of their vest. Sissy was in Girl Scouts for 3 years before AHG so for the last 4 years I have been sewing badges to her vest (I don't like ironing them on), but with 3 girls in the program, that is ALOT of badges to sew on. It seemed to me that Sissy should be old enough to learn to sew her own badges on. Here she is sewing her first badge. She did great!

No comments: