Friday, January 8, 2010

Misc .Christmas Pictures

I can't believe the holidays are over..what a wonderful month time! Admittedly we took the entire month of December off of school to do crafts, wrap at the mission, decorate and just enjoy one another. It was a wonderful break and I thought I'd share some photos our doings.
The girls the Sunday before Christmas. All dressed up, headed to church.


On Christmas Eve I stopped at Michaels and they had these adorable foam house kits for just $3 each. A PERFECT activity while we enjoyed a quiet day at home.



Sissy has her own room and the younger two share a room. Last year the girls asked to set the air mattress up in Sissy's room on Christmas Eve and all sleep together. Apparently it has become a new tradition (as it was declared by the girls). Here they are as Sissy is reading "The Night Before Christmas" to them before bed.


This year we added a second tree to our home (thanks mom!) and I declared it "my" tree. It is my "country decorating tree". The kids decorated the main tree in the front of the house and this slim cutie was mine to decorate. I'll add some gingham ribbon next year (of course I picked it up this year AFTER the decorations were all on it.)

The girls were thrilled to open these gifts. Can you believe they were all sewn by me...and I haven't sewed anything other than a straight line in my life! It started out that I wanted to make them cute library bags that morphed into matching fancy jeans and shirts. Lots of late nights over my sewing machine, but they loved them!




Christmas morning snow play! Santa brought snow block makers.


And on New Year's Eve...more baking!
These chocolate cookies filled with peanut butter balls were SO yummy!

No comments: