Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'll NEVER Be Able to Home School

Life is such a such a journey. I remember thinking that people who chose to home school were crazy radicals who would no doubt cause their children to be social outcasts. Then God lead us to home school and lead us to meet families with "normal", great kids so THAT thought was out of my mind. After that first year, and as our youngest approached kindergarten, I was certain that we would send her to school to "get the basics" under her belt because certainly, "I could not teach a child to read". Then God lead us to keep her home too. (Seriously, what was He thinking? He can't know me better than I do can He?)
Well, imagine how excited I am when I see Sweet Baby doing this:


She is already sounding out 4 and some 5 letter words. Here she is reading the word "held". It is the cutest thing. And when she insists on bringing Bitty Baby to "school" with her, it just makes me smile.


I'm glad He knows me better than I know myself.

1 comment:

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I thought the same thing. :) And now here I am, three years later. And I wouldn't change a thing.