Wednesday, October 8, 2008

More Photos From Greenfield Village

I have several favorite homes in Greenfield Village which I love to walk through. They include slave quarters, plantation homes, a home from the south in the 1930's owned by a black family (this is awesome because they actually have old newspapers covering the walls to keep the cold out and a chicken coop out back, all set on a dirt lot). Another house that I love is this one:






It is a stone building that I honestly can't remember where it is from or the time period, I think I have only ever went inside a couple times, mainly I just enjoy looking at the building itself and the gardens that surround it. I hope you enjoy these photos...





Sissy found these bright pink plants to be very interesting. I believe they are a species of coleus. I could be wrong so feel free to correct me!




No comments: