Monday, September 1, 2008

Tomorrow!!!!

Tomorrow is the big day! We begin school and the girls are quite excited. Tomorrow I'll take pics of our day and post them to share.

I mentioned that I had been very nervous. I'll explain why...I never notified anyone in the school that our girls would not be returning to school (we live in Michigan and it is not required), so last week we began receiving bus schedules, teacher assignments, a postcard from the 1st grade teacher to my daughter telling her how much fun they would have in 1st grade. Thinking about what I am "taking away from my girls" was driving me batty. I would break down in tears and several times felt like I would be sick. Luckily I have a few people in my life who offered up some wonderful words of advice and prayers as well. I keep trying to tell myself that I'm not actually taking anything away from them, instead I am giving them things that many kids will never have - the opportunity to grow closer as a family and have fun learning.

The first thing that set the anxiety off was learning that both of my girls would have the teachers that I feel are the best ones for their grade. In addition, the make up of the class that my 4th grader would have had is filled with children she was in class with for 1st and 2nd grades, and they are wonderful kids. If you remember, part of what spurred us in this direction was the lack of control in her class room last year. She was in a class room filled with children that didn't know how to behave and when I approached the principal about this fact (on three different occasions) I was told there is nothing that can be done. So, knowing that she would be in a class that was much different made me feel like maybe this coming year in school would be different. BUT then I remembered that Satan knows where I am weakest and that no matter when I promised God that I would listen to Him when He called me to keep the girls home. I promised I would listen until I felt that call change.

SO...away with the fears and on with a new adventure!

No comments: