Thursday, April 1, 2010

Exciting News For The Flint, Michigan Area!

I'm so excited to share something with you! Since early last fall I have been working with a few other ladies in the community to get a Christian girls scouting troop started in our area. Currently the nearest one is an hours drive away.

Our oldest has been in Girl Scouts for the last 4 years, but since some leadership training that I took part in a few years ago, I have been reluctantly allowing her to continue attending. There were several things said at the training meeting that made it very clear that the Girl Scouts of today is NOT the Girl Scouts of days gone by. There are some VERY non-Christian themes running through and this was something that made me very unsure of her participation. Since I knew her leader and expressed my fears, she was allowed to remain.

Now the younger girls are ready for scouting and have been desiring a scouting troop of their own. Rather than allow them to join a troop, after much prayer, and God placing the right people in my path, it has been decided that we need to bring the girls Christian scouting group, American Heritage Girls to our area.

We will be having an informational meeting at Bristol Road Church of Christ, in Flint, Michigan on Tuesday, April 6th at 6:30. If you are local to our area and interested, we would LOVE to have you join us! It just so happens that all of the adults on the board are home schooling mamas!

For the last two years I have committed myself to saying "no" to extra leadership opportunities in any area. I have really felt that I needed to find our groove with home schooling and I needed to try to keep my life as stress free as I could. I guess God has decided that that 2 year "break" is over as I transition as the coordinator for American Heritage Girls Troop 3130.

No comments: