Friday, June 19, 2009

Ridin' Horseback



One of the things I have really enjoyed as a parent is watching my girls experience things I did not get to experience as a child. I TRY not to live through them, though my dear husband often reminds me that the girls are not going to always get as excited about experiences as I would and not to be to disappointed when they aren't!



One thing Sissy has been able to enjoy that I did not get to, was participating in Girl Scouts. This is her 3rd year with Girl Scouts and her first year as a Junior Girl Scout. After selling cookies this year the girls were able to go on their 2nd horseback riding event (another thing I always wanted to do!). Sissy has always been a bit skittish of animals, no matter how big or small, but I did notice that it didn't take her long to become comfortable this time. The girls were able to tour the stables (there was even a colt in the barn!), brush the horses, clean their hooves, visit the tack room, and take a ride.

Next weekend Sissy and daddy will be going to a Father Daughter Horseback Riding evening at
Michigan Christian Youth Camp. They will ride on the trails, take a hay ride and roast hot dogs around a campfire. Doesn't that sound like fun?

No comments: