Friday, May 1, 2009

"I'm Not Even 5 Yet!"



I have to share this funny story if for no other reason than to have it forever to remember our dear Sweet Baby. Let me preface this by saying that she has a sweet face, smile and beautiful eyes, but she can be a terrible stinker. She has attitude that is like a 13 year old, doesn't take well to being treated like the little sister and can drive her mother crazy (raises my blood pressure often!).

Peanut has a stuffed animal that she sleeps with and takes everywhere with her, it's name is Polly. She came running in to me saying, "MOM! Sweet Baby was going to cut Polly with scissors!" So I asked her, "Were you going to cut Polly with scissors?" She had a huge grin on her face and said, "Yep, I was." We talk ALL THE TIME about the only places we use scissors and stickers are on paper, so she knows the rules. I told her, "You know what, you can go to your second time out for the day and this time you are sitting for 5 minutes." In our house when you get a time out, you sit in a chair facing the wall for as many minutes as you are old. Her reaction to hearing about her time out? "NO! Not another time out. Not for 5 minutes! I'm not even 5 yet!" and she kept chanting through her screams, "I'm not even 5 yet!" She turns 5 in just over 3 weeks!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I can SO picture Sweet Baby doing that! How funny!